What types of cases do you accept?
Our team is unmatched in handling complex, high-profile criminal, civil, and corporate intelligence investigations. Our clients include trial lawyers, family offices, celebrities, and professional athletes. When it’s a matter of importance, we’re the firm to call.
What are some important things to consider when retaining a private detective?
It may sound obvious, but your top concern should be a detective with experience in your specific type of case. For example, if you’re litigating a capital murder case, look for a detective who has been on reputable legal teams that have taken those cases to trial (hint: we do!). Another key thing to consider is whether an investigator is loyal, proactive, tenacious, discreet, and able to fit in with your company culture. And yes, we pulled all of those adjectives because they describe us so well. Lastly, make sure you protect yourself by verifying the firm’s license and insurance coverage – which is a great time for us to say that we operate under licenses 117-001188 and 122001509 in Illinois, and under license 3701207411 in Michigan. Stay tuned for international info, as we’re expanding to the European Union with offices in Italy in 2020.
How much do your services cost?
Much like Chicago weather in May, our rates vary. It all depends on the scope, complexity, and geographic location of your specific case needs. Some cases are flat fees, others require an hourly rate. We’re candid and never hide fees, so we’re happy to provide you with a free confidential consultation to map things out for you. Just give us a call at 312-501-4500.
How do your clients pay for services?
Usually in compliments. Okay, okay, real answer: We accept cash, wires, checks and major credit cards.
What is Vantius licensed to do?
Kill. Just kidding – here comes a bunch of formal language, so hold onto that smile and buckle up:
- Secure evidence to be used before any court, board, officer or investigating committee.
- Conduct investigations regarding the truth or falsity of any statement or representation.
- Investigation of crimes or wrongs done or threatened against the United States or any state or territory of the United States, or any local government of a state or territory.
- Perform service of process in criminal and civil proceedings with or without court order.
- Conduct investigations regarding the location, disposition or recovery of lost or stolen property.
- Conduct investigations regarding the cause, origin or responsibility for fires, accidents or injuries to real or personal property.
- Provide personal protection of individuals from bodily harm or death.
- Conduct investigations regarding the identity, habits, conduct, business occupation, honesty, integrity, credibility, knowledge, trustworthiness, efficiency, loyalty, activity, movements, whereabouts, affiliations, associations, transactions, acts, reputation or character of any person, firm, association or corporation, by any means, manually or electronically.
Do you offer consulting arrangements to professional investigations firms?
Yes, assuming that the firm is properly licensed and reputable.
What does Vantius mean?
It’s a word inspired by Roman roots, based on the tactical advantage of finding a strategic vantage point. It’s a game-changing perspective. And who doesn’t want some of that?